Tuesday, August 19, 2014

arrivo a cinque terre

Buena notte (good night!) I am finally here in one of the five villages of cinque terre. Tired and ready for bed! But I will write a little for memory's sake on how my journey was from Zagarolo(near Roma) to here. I made the most of my last day at the hostel.in Zagarolo, the free breakfast, garden, etc... I loved my morning routine of milk and cereal and fresh bread (Italiano of course!). There is no free breakfast at this new hostel! Its five euros for same things I had for free at zagarolo's hostel...anyway, thats besides the point. I took morning train to roma termini, and then had 2 hrs or so until train to la spezia... la spezia is the southern station to the cinque terre villages.  The train ride to la spezia was amazing! It is coastal so there were great views of the ocean and there were beautiful farms along the way too! I listened to music and took in the scenary. . Finally arrived in la spezia and the train to levanto (northern town of cinque terre) ( italian trains go by their last station of arrival..well most trains do in the world at the ones I've been on so far!) ...so the train had arrived on another platform soon as I got there and was trying to buy ticket from the self service kiosk machine. So the next one was 610pm, and as I waited at the platform, an anouncement came on that it was cancelles. So waited another hr for the hext train...meanwhile I was so hungry, gave in and had chocolate croussiant. I wanted to avoid American fast food places abroad, but mcdonalds was the only thing at the station for food I like...I'm glad I had at least a croussiant becayse cinque terre is so expensive! More so than Roma! Its a tourist hub afterall... I will try to find good deals tomorow, and eventually hike the 5 villages... I will see.. excited to be here! The ocean view is splendid! photos will b uploaded when I have faster speed internet! :) buena notte

No comments:

Post a Comment