Where to begin?! What a great day! Now I am so tired..just hope I can get some good sleep inspite of this congestion/cough that has been keeping me up! Woke up early, and headed to find some breakfast. I finally found something I like that was not super expensive.
I had the other half for lunch on my way up to acropolis! I started going to some archeological sites such as ancient libraries, roman agora, ancient agora, and finally the acropolis- parthenon and Athena's temple! Boy was it a long climb! I am used to the heat-afterall, 110degrees did not bother me in India as i would walk all across the city in the heat; but today, 95 degrees and walk up acropolis hill took my breath away: literally and figurtively! I drank 4 cups of water in 1 hr! Yet i still felt dehydrated and out of breathe. But I made it!! Loved walking on the same foothills as ancient civilization! So beautiful!! I was on a mission to find temple of olympian zeus! I walked 2 hrs after i was done exploring acropolis/agora/acropolis museum to find it. I went small one small st to the other...then finally, i met this older gentleman who was a salesman. He asked me where i was from and what i did; when i said I am originally from India and I am a nurse, he started telling me his life story! Everything from how he added indian flavor to his meal to work to wanting to see India! I love meeting locals! I was tired of touristy stores and all; I reallg wanted to meet locals and learm about their lives! So this gentleman was a pleasant surprise. granted k baught something from there! He gave me clear directions to get to temple of zeus tok! Although they were not perfect, but clear as it was going to get haha! Welcome to greece! after roaming around for some more time, getting street food(corn) (reminded me of India!),i found the temple of zeus!! Felt so rewarding!! While getting lost, I found my way! That is the journey of life-this trip is only symbolic! I want to challenge myself and learn new skills! Map reading is sharpening up! No point in spoiling myself with the easy way oyt when i can find my way through other means... i will post more later.. my back needs rest. Off to Delphi tomorow.. oh and I was just Iin time back from the metro to enter the athwns flea market and had feta cheese with olive oil and oregano for dinner! I just had feta once in greece and I am tired of it! Oh well...I ate too much of it at once! Then i watched some local as well as tourists dance to some ethnic music at montestaraki squarw! Enjoyed that a lot!! The environment was so lively and the dancer was so enigmatic! This little girl and boy started dancing in the center of the crowd, and they just added icing to the cake. It was just a fun mix of local and diverse environment with entertainment!! Will try to put pics up








No comments:
Post a Comment