Quick update: went to Vatican museum and waited in line for 1.5 hrs but that is okay. I do not mind waiting, but I was so tired and sleepy that I could not fully appreciate all that the museum had to offer! I was looking to just get into the chapel but the museum felt like a maize having to go through one room to narrow hallways to follow arrows. Then, I just wanted to go to the Bascillica. I walked outside and headed there. St. Peters Bascillica was beautiful! I loved it! I felt very protected there. Everyone was taking pictures, but I was just taking it all in! Then, I left as I needed to catch the metro to the termini, and train to the hostel... I am exhausted, and just need some good rest. Tomorow, I need to check out early and have to catch train to the infamous area of 5 towns. I will mention details later, but that is it for now. I am actually happy to be leaving Roma. I do not know why it did not grow on me. London grew on me, and Athens I loved from the moment I stepped out of the airport.
Roma, I liked few things here and there, and I loved the small town I am staying in and the hostel is absolutely amazing! but besides that, I do not feel the need to stay here longer. It is still a beautiful city and has tons of attractions. It has a lot of diversity, which I like. I think it might be the high tourist areas that have overwhelmed me. The Vatican museum was packed, and I had gone on a Monday afternoon! Plus, when I finally found an exhibit I was interested in, Indonesia exhibit, a guard came up to me and said they were closing. I was just getting into the museum, and reading this very interesting description about an artifact, leaves with ancient religious and cultural scriptures from Indonesia. Anyway, it was not a special visit by any means at the museum in totality. I only really enjoyed St. Peters bascillica and the mini exhibit on Indonesia! I enjoyed my hostel stay a lot though, and am glad I stayed outside of the city. There is a peace of mind and tranquility here. I met wonderful people, backpackers and families. I will miss trying to communicate and have conversations with my Italian dorm mate. Her 5% English and my 2% Italian with gestures and guessing have been successful so far and we understood each other! I will say that having a guide of some sort at the museum would have made a difference, and energy too! It would have been a whole different experience, but oh well. I wish everyone else a great ezperience when they visit there, or whereever! :)
Roma, I liked few things here and there, and I loved the small town I am staying in and the hostel is absolutely amazing! but besides that, I do not feel the need to stay here longer. It is still a beautiful city and has tons of attractions. It has a lot of diversity, which I like. I think it might be the high tourist areas that have overwhelmed me. The Vatican museum was packed, and I had gone on a Monday afternoon! Plus, when I finally found an exhibit I was interested in, Indonesia exhibit, a guard came up to me and said they were closing. I was just getting into the museum, and reading this very interesting description about an artifact, leaves with ancient religious and cultural scriptures from Indonesia. Anyway, it was not a special visit by any means at the museum in totality. I only really enjoyed St. Peters bascillica and the mini exhibit on Indonesia! I enjoyed my hostel stay a lot though, and am glad I stayed outside of the city. There is a peace of mind and tranquility here. I met wonderful people, backpackers and families. I will miss trying to communicate and have conversations with my Italian dorm mate. Her 5% English and my 2% Italian with gestures and guessing have been successful so far and we understood each other! I will say that having a guide of some sort at the museum would have made a difference, and energy too! It would have been a whole different experience, but oh well. I wish everyone else a great ezperience when they visit there, or whereever! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment