Tuesday, August 12, 2014

beautiful Athens

disclaimer:expect typos!! So here I am! The city named after warrior princess Athena-aka my superwoman! Bunking at a hostel. Just arrived and loving it already! London took few hrs to grow on me, but loving Athens from momento uno! Here is the view from my hostel room:

Plus, as I got out of the metro statoon, the montestaki flea market was going on!!! I am saving money, so trying not to shop unneccesarily, but will definitely browse around tomorow or something!! The flight frm london to athens was nice! Window seat, and it was a random assignment!! But boy did i have to stuff everything in my small backpack! Onlyi 1 bag allowed, not even a separate purse... anyway, the view from the plane of the mountainswas amazing! The airline charged rediculous money form water...1.8 pounds for a cup of water... no way jose...I was like I can wait 3.5 hrs...at least the airport had cold water for free at fountains. I m really to explore tomorow but super tired right now. I got a top bunk and there is a lamp hanging from the cieling at the ladder...good thing I am short!!! One time I am thankful for my height! Although lets see how I manage to dodge It during mu stay here! I really want to learn some Greek... will try. I remember when I was in London walking at riverfront of Thames, so many languages were spoken around me. At one given moment, I remember hearing English, Hindi, Spanish and Gujarati! It felt really cool and mind boggling to be able to comprehend differeny languages at once or in couple min span, but i loved it! The languages i could not understand, my brain filted out, so I need to learn more!! :) love connecting with different people from different parts of the world!.the traffic here reminds me of India! :) I need to get some rest now!
from room

From airport

Street of lamps and lanterns hanging 

No comments:

Post a Comment