Friday, August 15, 2014

Ciao Rome

I  arrived in Rome this afternoon, and boy has it been a day trying to find my way! Mostly just trying to figure out Roma termini. Seems like just as I adjust to public transportation-trains-metros in one country, I am left to figure it out in a new place all over again and it keeps getting more complicated. May be I just feel that way because I just arrived. Hopefully, now that I know the way to and from city to hostel, I will figure the rest out! I have 3 days to explore the city!! Right now, I am surrounded by mosquitos!! I did not expect them in Italy, but I am more towards the countryside right now! Already have couple big bites, and no hydrocortisone one me! I knew I should have packed that tube!! Oh well... This hostel is really nice! I feel spoiled...an actual bed, and not the top bunk?! for real? and a big locker space!? I am so tired! I need to get some rest, so I can wake up early and head out to the city! I need to get myself a good city map! In Athens, there were free maps everywhere!! I had 3 different maps! Same with London! None for Rome so far :/ I did not even see any at the airport or termini but may be I just did not browse enough.. I need to call it a night and sleep. Some days, it is better to sleep early than sleep night. I need enough energy for tomorrow. hmmm... so much to see, where to start? with a good night sleep is the answer. Buona notte 
Goals for tomorow: learn more Italian words and use them, figure out the transportation system some more, and find good cheap street food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment